Credentialed Veterinary Technician
- Enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload
- Looking for new team members to build something phenomenal for our community
- Fast-growing, 24/7 Specialty and Emergency Hospital
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Credentialed Veterinary Technician to join our Surgery Department at our well established, multi-specialty 24/7 Specialty and Emergency Veterinary Hospital in Portland, Oregon. Your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with our commitment to your growth as a veterinary professional.
VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists, located in Clackamas, OR, just minutes from downtown Portland and a short drive from Mt. Hood and the Pacific Ocean, is a fast-growing, 24/7 Specialty and Emergency Hospital. Fun, growing team looking for new team members to build something phenomenal for our community.
Our state of the art facility was constructed in 1999 and is a fully functioning, multi-specialty hospital in Clackamas, Oregon just outside of Portland.
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 3,000 doctors, including 360+ boarded specialists.
There are amazing specialist vets here who are extremely thorough! I am always happy to bring my dogs here because I know I will get clear answers and things will be explained to me in a way that helps me really understand what I need to do for my dogs. Also, a great place to get CERFs done when there aren’t shows providing CERF exams – Anna Gray (Google Review)
About this role
As a member of the Surgical team, and the team of NWVS, you will serve as a mentor for our veterinary support staff, plus be required to educate clients and perform treatments on our veterinary patients.
As a Veterinary Professional you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a talented Credentialed Veterinary Technician. Here are some of the key skills and abilities that we are seeking that are particularly relevant to this opportunity:
- Exceptional client communication skills that convey core veterinary concepts to customers in an easily understandable and highly professional way
- Maintain a positive, supportive approach at all times
- Respond to the pressure of a fast-paced environment with dignity, presence and grace
- Knowing that great results are only achieved through teamwork accomplished through mutual respect
- Know the importance of practice protocols and adherence to established standards of care
- A keen interest in dentistry
- Excellent venipuncture
- Strong anesthesia skills
- Understanding of orthopedic radiograph positioning
- Understanding and ability to utilize medical terminology and familiarity with veterinary pharmacology
- Current CVT license in the state of Oregon or the immediate ability to transfer into state
You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
Your qualifications are certainly essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate talent and skill as a Credentialed Veterinary Technician. In addition, these personal qualities are similarly important to us:
- You are patient and kind, especially in challenging situations
- You have the confidence to apply your initiative within the boundaries of practice protocols
- You know that respect is a mutually beneficial journey
- You never stop learning and you never stop sharing your knowledge
- You know that great things happen when everyone cooperates
We are just 15 minutes from Portland’s compact, walkable downtown which offers easy access to great food, green spaces, cultural offerings, tax-free shopping, and seemingly endless things to do. Browse the city’s most diverse mix of retail brands, see a show, and grab a bite at a food cart or fine restaurant. Schools, medical resources, and a great sense of community make our location ideal for individuals, couples, and families alike.
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts, and more!
It's time to apply
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Associate Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Locum Relief Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Los Angeles, California or Seattle, Washington or Miami, Florida or New York City, New York and all points in between, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate DVM’s, Vet Techs and Relief Vets and Techs – across the USA and Canada, and build your team – register as an Employer and post your Job Campaign today.
Looking farther afield? Then it’s time to explore Veterinary Jobs in the UK and Europe or our Veterinary Jobs in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.