- Flexible Schedule and historic commitment to sound work/life balance
- Opportunity to explore/contribute to the practice of Integrated Medicine supported by friendly mentors
- Opportunity to further develop your surgical skills or add to your skill repertoire supported by Certified Vet Techs
Enjoy what you do in our proudly independent, highly respected, technologically advanced, full-service companion animal hospital that integrates traditional pharmacological & surgical approaches with ancient arts & scientific advances. If you have been thinking it might be time for a change, take the next step, & apply for this position in our very special environment.
As our practice grows, we continue to diversify to meet the needs of the community we have served for almost three-quarters of a century. We have an opening for an additional individual who enjoys soft tissue surgery and periodontal work, and is also open-minded with respect to new science and techniques for healing.
Known for the quality of our service and doctor/client relationships, Schulhof Animal Hospital has built its innovative and effective team on a base of collaborative problem-solving. What you think, and what your vision is, matters in our model. We have a long history as a training site for future Veterinarians and Certified Veterinary Technicians, and have a live-in Night Tech and an IT person on site. We are active in the community and support the Westport Animal Shelter Advocates. We also have an amazing Cat Clinic. In these Covid-19 times we are protecting our staff by doing curb-side service, and utilizing a quantity of assorted PPE, as well as a facility Ozonator and UV room air purifiers.
I was traveling with my dog and found that her eye was red. Received an appointment within a day and the kind vet who cared for her wrote a very detailed note for my vet back home which was very helpful. My dog received the best of care and her eye was healed within a few days. – Barbara Bennett (Google Review)
About this role
Aside from the day-to-day requirements of being an excellent team-oriented veterinarian, we are particularly interested in these relevant skills:
- Examine pets with the entirety of the animal in mind, in order to diagnose their short and long-term health issues and recommend a tiered treatment plan mindful of the client’s expressed wishes.
- Soft-tissue surgery and periodontal work – orthopedic surgery would also be welcome and compensated at a higher production percentage.
- Perform pharmacological treatment as needed.
- Ultrasonography or PRP skills are a plus, as are skills in cryosurgery, homeopathy, acupuncture, chiropractic, laser therapy, PEMF, and Advanced Allergy Therapeutics.
Besides your professional qualifications, these personal qualities are equally important to us:
- The ability to form a long-lasting client-veterinarian bond, and build rapport with fellow team members.
- An interest in learning, an open mind to new ideas, and an energy to explore new science.
- An ability to accept feedback, adapt to change and recover from setbacks.
- An ability to cultivate team relationships built on mutual respect.
- A healthy self-confidence in your abilities, while at the same time being able to recognize when you need to ask for assistance.
Schulhof Animal Hospital is located in Westport, a Connecticut suburb on the shore of Long Island Sound on a lovely landscaped, shady one-acre lot, on the Post Road with plenty of visibility and parking. We are three minutes from both Interstate 95 and the Merritt Parkway, and 50 miles from New York City. There are six universities and three community colleges within a 20 ml radius.
Westport boasts excellent schools, an amazing new library, and media center, a large variety of housing options, a well-known Repertory Theater – the Westport Country Playhouse-, a vibrant amateur community theater, juried art shows, plenty of shopping and dining, running and biking competitions, a rowing club, two marinas, both a town public beach and a State public beach, and two horseback riding/boarding facilities (and more in neighboring towns.)
Based on your current expertise, we offer a salary of between $100K and 120K plus a 20% Production Bonus, paid monthly, and a greater percentage bonus for special skills like orthopedic surgery, chiropractic, two-cavity ultrasound, PRP, etc. In addition, we offer:
- A 4 day week
- Paid vacation and unlimited unpaid time off
- Simple IRA retirement plan
- Cafeteria Health Plan with vision and dental
- Professional license fees
- Continuing Education
- Dues for Local and State Veterinary Medical Associations, as well as specialty associations
- Free Employee companion animal pet care/boarding at our facility and medications at cost
It's time to apply
If you have been thinking it might be time for a change, and you believe yourself a good fit, take the next step and apply for this position in our very special environment. We would love to hear from you! We don’t hire often as our veterinarians stay a long time.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Associate Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Locum Relief Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Los Angeles, California or Seattle, Washington or Miami, Florida or New York City, New York and all points in between, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate DVM’s, Vet Techs and Relief Vets and Techs – across the USA and Canada, and build your team – register as an Employer and post your Job Campaign today.
Looking farther afield? Then it’s time to explore Veterinary Jobs in the UK and Europe or our Veterinary Jobs in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.