Licensed Veterinary Technician
- A leader in small animal specialty medicine in our region
- Collaborating to provide stellar patient care and client service
- Join an incomparable team of Licensed Veterinary Technicians
Are you looking to be a part of a veterinary hospital team that feels like family, while having the support and resources to push your veterinary career forward? If, so we would love to connect with you. We are seeking Licensed Veterinary Technicians to jour our thriving specialty/emergency practice – be the Licensed Veterinary Technician you have always wanted to be!
We have been a leader in small animal specialty medicine in Nebraska, Northern Kansas, South Dakota, and Western Iowa for the last decade!
Our hospital has nationally, and internationally, recognized board-certified specialists in disciplines including Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Surgery. We also have independent contractors in Cardiology and Diagnostic Imaging. We have a talented team of Emergency Department that operates around the clock. All of our doctors enjoy teaching and love to collaborate to provide stellar patient care and client service.
An incomparable team of licensed veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants, and client service representatives support our veterinarians.
We are currently undergoing an exciting expansion project. Our new 17,000+ sq. ft. facility will feature 11 exam rooms, 4 operating theaters, a dedicated ICU with telemetry and long-term mechanical ventilation capabilities, and comprehensive in-house laboratory equipment. We also have ultrasonography, video rigid and flexible endoscopy, Stryker laparoscopy/arthroscopy tower, Imex fixator system, Synthes plating system, Ligasure, TA stapler, digital radiography, fluoroscopy, helical computed tomography, and on-site magnetic resonance imaging.
At VCA Midwest you can be the Licensed Veterinary Technician you have always wanted to be! We have a unique culture in our hospital that values each person’s individual skill and personality. There is something special about you and we are excited to learn more! Whether you are an experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician looking for the next step in your career or a new graduate seeking mentorship, our team is ready to partner with you.
Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
- VCA Hospitals are former private practice hospital that retains the spirit that made them successful
- Access to people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- A network of 4,500+ doctors, including more than 600 specialists
- You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities
In my 15 years at VCA Midwest, I have had many opportunities and experiences through multiple specialties and emergency that I would not have gotten anywhere else. The advanced diagnostics available and the multiple learning opportunities have really allowed my career to grow and thrive – Mandy Gryskiewicz, LVT-Surgery and Neurology Supervisor
About this role
As an experienced Veterinary Technician, you already have a sound grasp of the wide range of skills and abilities that your role entails. In particular, the key talents and abilities that we are seeking are:
- The necessary credentials required to perform as an LVT in Nebraska (or will qualify to do so prior to/soon after commencement)
- Exceptional client communication skills that convey core veterinary concepts to customers in an easily understandable and highly professional way
- Maintain a positive, supportive approach at all times
- Respond to the pressure of a fast-paced environment with dignity, presence, and grace
- An adept learner willing to explore new horizons and accept change when based on sound professional foundations
Your LVT qualifications are certainly essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate talent and skill as a Credentialed Veterinary Technician and Team Leader. In addition, it is important to us that you possess the following qualities
- You are patient and kind, especially in challenging situations
- You never stop learning and you never stop sharing your knowledge
- You respond to the real setbacks that we all know happen with positivity and grace
- You recognize your strengths, know your shortcomings and strive to succeed
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Associate Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Locum Relief Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Los Angeles, California or Seattle, Washington or Miami, Florida or New York City, New York and all points in between, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate DVM’s, Vet Techs and Relief Vets and Techs – across the USA and Canada, and build your team – register as an Employer and post your Job Campaign today.
Looking farther afield? Then it’s time to explore Veterinary Jobs in the UK and Europe or our Veterinary Jobs in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.