- We aim to deliver the best customer service and give the highest quality medical care
- We are energetic, passionate, and dedicated to helping one another get the job done
- Signing Bonus
Are you looking to be a part of a veterinary hospital team where everyone contributes their skills and knowledge to give the best patient care and customer service? We are seeking a Veterinary Technician to join our thriving veterinary practice. Our management style here is to help others feel appreciated and give them the tools they need to grow in the direction they desire.
At VCA Bering Sea, we aim to deliver the best customer service and give the highest quality medical care. Our team of associates is energetic, passionate, and dedicated to helping one another get the job done. You won’t hear “That’s not my job.” You will hear “How can I help?” Our management style here is to help others feel appreciated and give them the tools they need to grow in the direction they desire.
We are AHAA accredited and strive to maintain the highest standards in veterinary care. Doing what we love in the city of Anchorage makes it that much better. In Anchorage, you get the best of the city and the best of the wilderness; you can enjoy a night out at a local brewery or head 20 minutes in either direction for incredible hikes and off-the-grid camping. There is never a lack of indoor and outdoor activities!
Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
- VCA hospitals are former private-practices that retain the spirit that made them successful
- Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- A network of 4,500+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists
- Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Technicians
- Robust Clinical Studies program
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
I feel like I learn more here. If I ask a question, people are willing to jump in and teach me. My team members are willing to help when they see I’m alone – Mandi, Client Service Representative
About this role
The Veterinary Technician position will assist with general anaesthesia, medications, radiology, drawing blood, lab work, and patient monitoring. Some training of other staff may be included. The ability to multi-task and prioritize on the floor are a must. An ideal candidate will be friendly and have a helpful attitude.
- Exceptional client communication skills that convey core veterinary concepts to customers in an easily understandable and highly professional way
- A strength in surgery and operating room protocols
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers, fellow team member and management
- Reliable, punctual and consistently perform at a high level
- Ability to educate customers through subject-matter knowledge balanced with patience and understanding
- An ability to complete vaccine protocols in a professional and timely manner
- An understanding of the critical importance of anesthetic protocols
At VCA Bering Sea, you can be the Veterinary Technician you have always wanted to be. We have a unique culture in our hospital that values each person’s individual skills and personality. Whether you are an experienced Veterinary Technician looking for the next step in your career or a new graduate seeking mentorship, our team is ready to partner with you.
Your qualifications are certainly essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate talent and skill as a Veterinary Technician. In addition, these personal qualities are similarly important to us:
- You have the confidence to apply your initiative within the boundaries of practice protocols
- You recognize your strengths, know your shortcomings and strive to succeed
- You know your measure, can work independently but you also know when to call for assistance
- You respond to the real setbacks that we all know happen with positivity and grace
- You never stop learning and you never stop sharing your knowledge
- You are someone who can be relied upon by your team members
Located in Anchorage, Alaska, we are minutes away from bike and cross-country ski trails, breathtaking hikes, and world-renown fishing. Moose and bears are some wildlife you will likely see roaming around. We are a day-trip away from Denali National Park, the Kenai River, and Seward, Alaska. This is a great place to come for outdoor enthusiasts as there is never a shortage of activities! Anchorage is the perfect mix of Alaska wilderness and perks of city life.
VCA adds value to your compensation package with the following:
- Competitive wage
- Signing Bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Opportunity to teach and mentor
It's time to apply
Ready to be part of a team that feels like family? Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Associate Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Locum Relief Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Los Angeles, California or Seattle, Washington or Miami, Florida or New York City, New York and all points in between, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate DVM’s, Vet Techs and Relief Vets and Techs – across the USA and Canada, and build your team – register as an Employer and post your Job Campaign today.
Looking farther afield? Then it’s time to explore Veterinary Jobs in the UK and Europe or our Veterinary Jobs in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.