- 4 doctor progressive Small Animal practice with high standards for medical care
- We work diligently to maintain our reputation of excellence in our community
- We are offering a sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
Help us to advance the quality of veterinary medicine in the practice and provide exceptional client service to our clients and patients. We provide excellence in small animal medicine with a personal approach. Join us and become an invaluable member of the hospital team working directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff.
We have a family-type atmosphere among our team members. We sincerely care for one another. Because we live in a small town, we often develop strong bonds with our patients and owners. Our facility is modern and full of light. It is a great environment in which to work. Our hospital is the location on the Kenai Peninsula for pre-race ECG’s and bloodwork each February prior to the Iditarod sled dog race. We work diligently to maintain our reputation of excellence in our community. We are looking for an experienced veterinarian to join our team. Leadership opportunities available.
- 4 doctor progressive small animal practice with high standards for medical care
- Beautiful facility with an open lobby with fireplace and abundant windows
- Well-equipped in-house laboratory with completely new Idexx suite of equipment
- Imaging services include high frequency Xray machine with Sound Eklin DR digital Xray
- Digital dental Xray system and fully-equipped dental equipment
- Small animal ultrasound unit
- Endoscopy equipment: rigid and flexible scopes and equipment
- Companion Therapy Laser
- Tonopen for intraocular pressure measurements
- Updated computer system with AVImark software system
- Easy access to VIN (Veterinary Information Network)
- Large open treatment area with full-lighted wet and dry workstations
- We occasionally have moose and caribou wander through our parking lot… only in Alaska!
Plus low staff turnover… our doctors and team members tend to stay with us for a long time. Come and join us!
We’re Not Alone
We are a proud member of NVA, a major provider of veterinary practice infrastructure and resources that enables us to preserve our identity and approach to best practice Veterinary Medicine whilst providing us with exceptional support in terms of systems, processes and professional development.
NVA cherishes the heart and individuality of partners like us and works with us to ensure that our culture and standards of care continue to thrive.
My pup and I LOVE Soldotna Animal Hospital, and all of the staff there. They are always thorough, friendly, and very competent. They are the best veterinary staff I have ever encountered and we will continue with their services as long as they are available – Trouba Door (Google Review)
About this role
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Soldotna is located in the heart of the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska’s playground. The opportunities for outdoor activities are unending. Our fishing is world class in rivers and streams, lakes and Cook Inlet. Canoeing, hiking, hunting, biking, geocaching, birding, gold panning, Nordic skiing, skijoring, snow machining… we have it all! Recreation is a priority for Alaskans. Our community is fortunate to have a progressive growing medical community featuring Central Peninsula Hospital. We have excellent public schools and available support for home schoolers.
It's time to apply
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Associate Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Locum Relief Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Los Angeles, California or Seattle, Washington or Miami, Florida or New York City, New York and all points in between, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate DVM’s, Vet Techs and Relief Vets and Techs – across the USA and Canada, and build your team – register as an Employer and post your Job Campaign today.