- Integrative Veterinary Hospital
- We offer full medical and surgical procedures along with acupuncture, food therapy, Chinese herbal medicine, and chiropractic care
- Help us deliver quality, best practice Veterinary Medicine
Are you tired of treating the same cases over and over for the same issue? Are you looking to have a more fulfilling and happier career? Do you dream of being in a job you love with clients that love you right back? Are you interested in holistic medicine? If so, we have just the position for you! We want you to become the exceptional veterinarian you were always meant to be.
Southlake Animal Hospital was established in 1980, and in 2015, Dr. Carlson became the owner. Fun Fact – Dr. Carlson has been working in the practice since she was in High School!
Our practice is integrative, so we offer full medical and surgical procedures along with acupuncture, food therapy, Chinese herbal medicine, and chiropractic care. We have 2 Registered Veterinary Technicians and 7 additional support staff.
Join us for a flexible schedule, as much dedicated mentoring as you would like, and a highly trained team that will guarantee you get out on time and at least 1 weekend free each month. We want you to become the exceptional veterinarian you were always meant to be.
Join our talented and friendly team and help us deliver quality, best practice Veterinary Medicine. Our commitment to Continuing Education and our focus every day on ensuring a genuine Work+Life balance delivers great outcomes for our patients and clients as demonstrated in our online reviews.
I can’t say enough great things about Southlake Animal hospital! The staff is so friendly and the doctors take the time to listen to you. After years of battling allergy issues with my dog, we switched to Southlake and within weeks he was SO much better. Not only have we been able to get his allergy issues under control, but now his quality of life is so much better. My 10 year old is acting like a puppy again! Thank you to the staff at Southlake for all you do! – Breanna Ronschke (Google Review)
About this role
Your Role will be to:
- Practice integrative medicine to serve our patients needs
- Build and maintain current and prospective client relationships
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of small animal cases
- Perform routine, elective and emergency surgeries
- Scheduled to work 4 days a week and 3 Saturdays every month
- Must have a DVM degree
- Ability to be licensed in Indiana
- Ability to obtain a controlled substance registration
- Certifications in Acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, and chiropractic medicine preferred but willing to pay for training for the right candidate with a strong interest in holistic medicine.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking the initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Our practice is located in Merrillville, IN in the beautiful Northwest part of Indiana. We are a short drive to the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore which offers 25 miles of beaches and the great city opportunities in Chicago, IL. Northwest Indiana is home to several small charming communities that offer excellent restaurants, cultural diversity, festivals, nature and parks, friendly people, excellent schools, and a lower cost of living.
Compensation will be based on Prosal and includes a base salary of $85,000 plus 20% commission.
- We offer monthly and quarterly bonuses
- Our team is important, so each year we have a Christmas weekend retreat
- Provided uniforms, snacks, and lots of other great perks
- At cost veterinary care for your pets
- You will be working with a very knowledgeable, fun, compassionate, and established team.
- Partnership opportunities also available
- You will be working with a very knowledgeable, fun, compassionate and established team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Associate Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Locum Relief Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Los Angeles, California or Seattle, Washington or Miami, Florida or New York City, New York and all points in between, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate DVM’s, Vet Techs and Relief Vets and Techs – across the USA and Canada, and build your team – register as an Employer and post your Job Campaign today.