- We strive to provide the highest quality veterinary services to our community
- A focus on wellness and preventive care
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team! We offer everything a pet could ever need to be happy and healthy, including wellness care, specialty services, advanced treatments, and emergency care. You have a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, in-house labs, and ultrasound.
Our hospital is open 7 days a week, from 6AM to midnight which means we offer everything a pet could ever need to be happy and healthy, including wellness care, specialty services, advanced treatments, and emergency care.
This place was fantastic! I took my dog in around 11pm (long after our normal vet had closed), for an allergic reaction. Each vet tech and the veterinarian we saw was kind, attentive, and extremely helpful. Although I’m hoping I won’t have to make any more visits there, I would recommend anyone who needs after hours emergency care for their pet – Carly Swisher (Google Review)
About this role
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
Looking to Relocate?
In the heart of the state capital, Austin has a vibrant music and arts scene, gorgeous outdoor spaces, and some of the best food you’ll have a chance to sample. Take a dip in Hamilton Pool, watch 1.5 million bats emerge from underneath Congress Bridge at dusk, immerse yourself in the Austin music scene, and, of course, enjoy some of the best BBQ ever!
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Associate Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Locum Relief Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Los Angeles, California or Seattle, Washington or Miami, Florida or New York City, New York and all points in between, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate DVM’s, Vet Techs and Relief Vets and Techs – across the USA and Canada, and build your team – register as an Employer and post your Job Campaign today.