- Nurturing the human-animal bond through compassionate, honest and affordable care
- Provide best practice medical leadership for the hospital
- Newly constructed Practice
We are currently expanding our operations and looking for a talented Managing Veterinarian interested in helping us serve our community. We are really passionate about developing you and the team. Lead the further creation of an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are delivered with compassion.
At Regner Veterinary Clinic we are nurturing the human-animal bond through compassionate, honest and affordable care. Voted No. 1 Small Animal Veterinary Clinic in Kenosha County two years in a row. Newly constructed Practice located in the heart of one of the fastest growing markets in Wisconsin. Practice includes small animals, exotics and reptiles.
- 3 Doctor practice
- Progressive world class medicine
- Full IDEXX lab
- Fear Free techniques
- Paperless practice
- Digital radiography
- Digital dental radiography
I’ve been bringing our two dogs here for the past several years and are very pleased with the staff, physicians and overall experience. Everyone is very helpful and compassionate – Urs S. (Google Review)
About this role
The Managing Doctor is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing Doctor is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing Doctor is responsible for the financial performance and general operations of the hospital under the guidance of Divisional Leadership. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Managing Doctor are responsible for cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
- Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Provides oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
- Establishes medical protocols.
- Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members.
- Monitors Doctor performance and production.
- Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
- Ensures all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
- Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure.
- Drives revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
- Monitors key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
- Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
- Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
- Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives.
- Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Delegates tasks and achieves results with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Comfortable with dentistry and surgery.
- Exotics interest a plus but not required.
The Kenosha Area encompasses a number of communities in Southeast Wisconsin. Midway between Milwaukee and Chicago, and bordering Lake Michigan, it’s known for its friendly people and one-of-a-kind places. A vibrant Downtown district full of shopping, dining and the arts is ideally located just steps from the lakeshore and makes for a truly special lifestyle, ideal for individuals, couples and families alike.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, generous sign-on/retention bonus, and relocation.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in the USA and Canada makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.