- Fast-paced and growing Emergency & Critical Care Hospital
- Love where you live, Love where you work
- Work with a phenomenal team of aces who work as a unit
Join our phenomenal team of aces who work as a unit, all helping one-another with anything and everything necessary to care for our incredible patients and their amazing pet parents. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding outside the box solutions – nothing falls through the cracks on your watch. It’s time to join our team and thrive.
Prescott Area Pet Emergency Hospital is Northern Arizona’s dedicated Emergency and Critical Care hospital for pets. Our hospital is fully equipped and staffed by experienced Emergency Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses.
- a fast-paced and growing emergency animal hospital in Northern Arizona.
- a phenomenal team of aces who work as a unit, all helping one-another with anything and everything necessary to care for our incredible patients and their amazing pet parents.
- an open mind for new ideas and methodologies.
- the greatest climate in the country. Four gorgeous (mild) seasons; snow, sun, rain, and fall colors. Yes, in the Arizona Mountains!
- Come work with us and you will not only love where you live, but love where you work!
If you’re coming here, its probably because your pet is in bad shape. The staff understand that and it shows in there customer service. They are friendly, sympathetic, communicative, and explain things well. I highly recommend this place. If you need help for your pet, these folks care and it shows – Joe Wilkinson (Google Review)
About this role
- Meet with veterinarian coming off shift and complete patient rounds on the best patients
- Offer support, advice and training to one, or a few, of our marvelous team members
- Complete communications with client’s and area referring veterinarians
- Provide input to our Technician Supervisors for team meeting topics. Our meetings are interactive, fun and super important to our culture and growth, we believe you can make them even better!
- Direct your team to prepare treatment plans per your orders. Review completed medical records, and ensure records are complete at release of patient. Sounds fun, right?!
- Recognize a team member’s super performance (we like public praise – handwritten notes are great too!)
- Enjoy your opportunity to interact with our clients and focus on them and their four-legged fur baby
- you enjoy challenges and opportunities to improve quality and function of work. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding outside the box solutions. You don’t get frustrated easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- you like helping people. You get a kick out of seeing members of your team having those AHA You are patient, level-headed and are cool under pressure. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- you think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches.
- you are motivated and driven.
- high regard for attention to detail.
What the ideal candidate will offer
- experience working with emergency veterinary teams. Make sure we can see where you picked up your emergency veterinarian super powers somewhere in your resume or cover letter. Make sure your passion for learning, growth and development, in this incredible field, are also included somewhere in your resume or cover letter.
- a passion for being a team player and flexing your veterinary muscles along with wearing your leadership hat.
- a committed learner and teacher, ready to work our most challenging shifts.
- experience in general surgery and in emergency practice. Special interests should be emphasized.
- current DVM with ability to obtain Arizona license within 2 months of hire.
From fine dining to mountain biking, you’ll be awed by the hometown atmosphere, perfect weather, and a myriad of things to do in Prescott, Arizona. Prescott is loaded with art galleries, antique shops, local eateries, and golfing. For a day on the water, visit one of the city’s four beautiful small lakes, perfect for boating, fishing, and nature watching. An ideal location for individual veterinary professionals and families alike.
It's time to apply
We look forward to hearing from you.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in the USA and Canada makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.