- Do you possess a commitment to practicing excellent patient care?
We are a state of the art, full service veterinary clinic that caters to dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes.
Ironwood Animal Hospital, a Pathway Vet Alliance Hospital is seeking a Full Time Veterinarian and Medical Director to lead our hospital. Are you a Veterinarian that’s looking for loyal and dedicated clients, an educated and compassionate support team, and the ability to lead a veterinary team?
Then look no more! Ironwood Animal Hospital offers all that and more. We will even add to the mix a generous sign on bonus when you send us your CV or resume today!
Ironwood Animal Hospital is located in San Tan Valley, Arizona. San Tan Valley is in northern Pinal County, Arizona. It is a bedroom community located in the Phoenix metropolitan area’s southeastern suburbs. There are many parks for recreation and trails for hiking, biking or riding in the area. This is a family oriented community.
Ironwood is a state of the art, full service veterinary clinic that caters to all dog and cat breeds with a devoted and highly skilled staff. We treat our patients as though they were our very own. We build strong, long term relationships with clients to ensure that the patient is getting the best care possible.
We are looking for a Full Time Veterinarian and Medical Director to support Ironwood Animal Hospital in the following capacities:
- Possess a commitment to practicing excellent patient care.
- Understand and apply the importance of the client experience.
- Have proficient skill in medicine, surgery and dentistry.
- Ability to teach, mentor and develop veterinarians at all performance levels.
- Keep current on new products and medical protocols.
- Ability to maintain accurate electronic medical records and regularly audit those of other doctors.
- Coordinate and disseminate Continuing Education for the doctor and medical team.
- Assist Practice Manager with recruiting, interviewing and hiring of veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor.
- Comfort with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans and disciplinary action.
- Partner with Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies.
- Maintain schedules for doctor team and assist leads with their team schedules if needed.
- Organize and lead regular meetings for the doctor team.
- Attend and take part in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required).
- Adhere to Alpine’s values and coach other team members to do so.
- Perform and deliver regular performance evaluations for doctors and leadership team.
- Minimum 2 years DVM clinical experience required.
- Experience in both general and emergency practice.
- Ability to write, adjust and implement medical standards.
- Must be organized, focused and work well under pressure.
- Team oriented and positive attitude.
- Experience in staff development, coaching and mentoring new graduates is a plus.
- Completion of additional coursework or continuing education in business and operations is preferred but not required.
- Must be a strong communicator – preferably familiar with emotional intelligence and conflict competence.
What we offer
- A solid future in an established practice.
- An exceptional team of Veterinary Professionals.
- A competitive salary with a generous Medical Director stipend.
- Great benefits including: comprehensive health insurance package, 401k, paid time off, uniforms, a generous CE allowance and an amazing pet care discount.
- Regional medical and operational support.
- Sign-On bonus.
- Possible relocation allowance
- An opportunity to make an impact on others.
- Professional growth and development opportunities.
If Ironwood Animal Hospital has been what you are looking for, we would love to discuss the opportunity for you to join our team!
Contact us today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in the USA and Canada makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.