Boston West Veterinary Emergency & Specialty
Boston West Veterinary Emergency & Specialty is part of the Ethos Veterinary Health network of hospitals, providing our clinicians the opportunity to be part of a larger network of hospitals, but still maintain our distinctive identity.
Veterinary Surgeon – Small Animal
- Highly collaborative culture that strives for excellence
- Innovative 10,000 square foot open concept facility
- Competitive compensation + signing bonus + relocation assistance
Boston West Veterinary Emergency & Specialty is seeking a full-time small animal surgeon to join our 24/7 Emergency and Specialty referral hospital in Natick, MA.
Located less than 15 miles from Boston, Boston West offers a highly collaborative culture that strives for excellence, is optimistic, collaborative, and supportive. This teamwork and camaraderie leads to delivering exceptional service to our patients, clients, and referring veterinarians.
Boston West is a 10,000 square foot open concept facility with two surgical suites. In addition to being equipped to perform general soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries, we are also equipped with digital radiology, ultrasound, and on-site CT. MRI and fluoroscopy capability are available at our in-network hospital 20 miles away.
Our collaborative team consists of 1 Internist, 1 Criticalist, 6 experienced ER doctors, a Radiologist and an Anesthesiologist. Specialists and emergency doctors are supported by an amazing group of technicians, client care coordinators, and management team. In addition, specialists also have the opportunity to work with the Clinical Trial Initiative for Ethos and have access to our comprehensive online library of veterinary journals.
We create opportunities for success in all that we do through empowerment and a well communicated vision for our business. To learn more about our team please view a quick video of some of our colleagues below.
About This Role
As an experienced veterinary professional, you already have a good idea of the day-to-day requirements of being a great Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon. Here are just a few of the key tasks that you will be undertaking, in close collaboration with the rest of our team:
- Actively participate in rounds each morning with our ER doctors and other specialists
- Actively participate in developing our CE opportunities for our referring community
- Provide marketing content as requested to keep our online followers engaged and up-to-date with the medicine we practice
On a practical level, to effectively undertake this role you of course need to have:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (or VMD) qualification
- Residency Trained or Board Certified
- Advanced Surgical skills – Board Accreditation Preferred
- License in good standing with the Massachusetts Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, or ability to obtain license prior to hire
- Current DEA license, or ability to obtain DEA license upon hire
- A Positive, Can-Do Attitude
Located less than 15 miles from Boston, Natick is considered part of the Greater Boston Area and is in the MetroWest Region. Natick is the ideal area to live for those who enjoy all four seasons and a variety of outdoor activities. With nearby access to all major highways, you’re never far from what you like: recreation in all seasons, sophisticated amenities, and services, upscale shopping and dining, a range of cultural attractions, and traditional New England town commons.
We offer competitive compensation, signing bonus, comprehensive benefits, and growth opportunities at all levels of the organization. Relocation assistance is available for those not currently living in the area.
It’s Time To Apply
It is time for you to make the next key step in your career and join us. To apply for this exceptional opportunity, click on the APPLY NOW button to send your Resume and Cover Letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Boston West Veterinary Emergency & Specialty is part of the Ethos Veterinary Health network of hospitals, providing our clinicians the opportunity to be part of a larger network of hospitals, but still maintain our distinctive identity. The focus of Ethos is on advancing veterinary medicine, along with providing high quality, compassionate care, which improves the lives of patients and their human companions. Our advancements center around three main areas:
- Transformative Science
- We focus on driving initiatives that change the biology of disease, resulting in new diagnostics, novel therapies and improved treatments.
- We know we are only as good as our teams, so we are committed to continuous learning and growth, ensuring all team members have a path to reaching their fullest potential.
- Throughout Ethos we focus on capturing bright spots and sharing that knowledge across our organization. We believe a collaborative approach leads to better outcomes for our patients and more professionally fulfilled medical teams.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in the USA and Canada makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.